Do you enjoy seeing jets whiz past? How about some amazing 3-D flying or classic large scale WW I and WW II aircraft? If you do, then you should come to the annual Steve Crowe Memorial Airshow on September 16, 2023, at the Chino Valley Flyers (CVF) Airfield in Chino Valley, Arizona. Not only will there be a lot of flying demonstrations but also open flying with NO landing fee for AMA members! To add to the excitement there will be not only a 50-50 raffle but also a raffle with a number of different aviation and other items. There is no admission charge!
Gates open at 8 AM on September 16th. There is plenty of free parking and lunch (burgers and hotdogs) will be available for purchase starting around 10 AM.
Bring your family, some comfy lawn chairs, plenty of water (stay hydrated!!), and your appetite to the CVF Airfield on September 16th! We are at 5,000 ft altitude and the sun can be pretty strong, so bring a hat as well.
To get to our field: enter the roundabout on AZ Rte 89 on the north edge of Chino Valley, AZ and go east on Perkinsville Rd. There will be a CVF banner on the roundabout pointing east. Go east on Perkinsville Rd for about 3 miles, then turn north (to your left) on Santa Fe Trail (a gravel road). Go north about 1/2 mile and turn east (to your right) into the CVF Airfield.
Our FAA-Recognized Identification Area (FRIA) application 2023-CBO-00614-FRIA - Desert Hawks RC Club #1545 - Sara Park has been APPROVED.
General membership meetings will start again on October 14, 2023 at 9 am at the field and thereafter held the second Saturday of each month.
We continue to hold Mudboss racing on Saturday evenings. Whether you are racing or coming out to fly, please remain vigilant about locking the gate and bathrooms.
REMEMBER TO KEEP A LOOKOUT FOR SNAKES WHEN AT THE FIELD.
The code for a 10% discount on batteries purchased through RCBattery.com can be found in the Members Only area.
1. If you have attempted to create a password and you get an error message, don't worry! The webmaster has to grant you permission to access the Members Only area. Your attempt to log in sends the webmaster a request. The webmaster will then send you an email granting you access. You can then create your password and log in. REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD! YOU WILL NEED IT!! (See #2.)
2. IMPORTANT - In order to get updated/current information in the Members Only area, you need to make sure to sign out of the Members Only area each time you leave it (click on the person silhouette to the right to sign out). If you open Members Only area and it takes you directly to the documents WITHOUT having to sign in, you will NOT be getting any of the updated information.
If you have problems signing out or if the website continues to take you directly to the documents, you will need to clear your cache and cookies. Email the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more help.
Lets be considerate of our members - some points to think about when you are flying at the Field:
1. Park by the restrooms (2nd row of parking) if not flying.
2. Don't park in handicapped spots in you don't have a handicapped placard.
3. Don't park in large scale area if you don't have a large scale plane or a trailer.
Those members using the oval and/or short course tracks, remember to turn off the water before you leave!!